New Teacher Chat (#ntchat) is born!
New Teacher Chat will Celebrated a 3rd Year Anniversary on May 8th, 2013! Our new badge (above) launched on May 29, 2013.
The chat was created to provide weekly mentoring and focus on the needs of new, new to the profession and pre-service teachers world wide. The chat is supportive and practitioner focused.
I’m hopeful that new teachers will choose to collaborate during #ntchat by sharing ideas and resources with others as well as concerns they may have as they prepare to enter the profession or are in their first years.
Experienced, tenured teachers are encouraged to take part in the chat to support and mentor this eager and excited group.
Here’s some important New Teacher Chat info:
- The chat is on Twitter from 5pm-6pm PST/8pm-9pm ET on Wednesdays.
- Use World Time Buddy to join us in your time zone!
- Use the #ntchat hashtag to join the conversation and post your thoughts throughout the week on Twitter.
- Like us on FaceBook! (Link is in the side bar.)
- Follow us on Pinterest! (Link is in the side bar.)
- Help me spread the word and share these links with your friends!
Recently I created a New Teacher Chat #ntchat Community on Google Plus. Join us there for more collaboration!
Co-Moderators for New Teacher Chat
New Teacher Chat #ntchat has been fortunate to gather a team of 4 Monthly Co-Moderators who will work with the chat once a month on Wednesday. Natasha Dunn @yomsdunn, Derek Keenan @MrDKeenan, Jaime Vandergrift @JaimeVandergrift, Dean Mantz @dmantz7
The #ntchat history and schedule
Our 1st #ntchat officially launched on Wed May 5th 2010. It was met with great excitement!
Our #ntchat schedule is: Wednesdays, at 5pm PDT (8PM EDT, 1:00AM Thursday in Europe, 7:00AM Thursday in Sydney ). Check out World Time Buddy to join us in your time zone!
Archives of #ntchat
Going forward in 2013…archives will now be posted to this New Teacher Chat Google Site #ntchat Archive page. Archives are curated in Storify and can be viewed and shared. Click on the “New Teacher Chat Google Site” link in the side bar to visit the site.
(Archives for past weekly #ntchats 2010-2011 will be made available upon request.)
New Teacher Chat Live Binder
Are you a fan of LiveBinders? I certainly am and I created a LiveBinder some time back with tons of resources on New Teacher Chat. In addition, the binder has, suggestions of how to connect, support and mentor new teachers. You can find the public sharing of it here: New Teacher Chat Live Binder. Feel free to use and share with your colleagues.
Join #ntchat on Twitter
Help us make #ntchat a growing presence on Twitter by sharing information about our purpose with your colleagues.
Spread the word via your school settings and places of higher education as well.
- You need to create a Twitter account and begin to practice and participate on Twitter.
- Use TweetGrid or TweetChat (online), Tweetdeck (download & install), or Tweetie for Mac (download & install) to set up 2 or 3 columns” a search for #ntchat, a search for @yourname (for direct mentions to you) and a third to keep following your friends.
- Join us on Twitter at the specific time, and be sure to keep an eye on the #ntchat search column.
- Interact by including the hashtag #ntchat in your tweets.