- To collaborate and find best practices
- To mentor and support new/pre-service teachers in K-12 and higher education institutes of learning worldwide for online and offline learning.
- To use the New Teacher Mentoring project to help you navigate through your first few years of teaching with a virtual mentor.
- To find support by following Lisa Dabbs on Twitter @teachingwthsoul and joining #ntchat.
- Subscribe to Teachingwithsoul.com and the New Teacher1stYear YouTube for weekly updates on ways to support your practice.
Thank you for your interest in being part of the New Teacher Mentoring Project! This is a joint project between Lisa Dabbs, and the Educator’s PLN Ning. We have invited over 100 schools and teaching programs to take part in this project.
- Google Doc with Mentor information (view only) All information on this G-doc is open to those who have the link so please be sure you have shared what you are comfortable with being public.
- If you are a teacher looking to mentor another please fill out this form Info Sheet for Mentor Program:interested mentors. )Your info will then be placed on public doc #1 by Lisa Dabbs.)
- If you are a teacher looking for a mentor, WELCOME! We are so happy to have you here! Check out the doc in #1 to find a mentor!
To find a mentor:
- Search the Google Doc (same as #1 above) Google Doc with Mentor Information (view only)
- Find the member in this group or on the Educator’s PLN Member list by doing a search entering the person’s name and then you can email them through the ning. You could also try contacting them through the information on the document.
- As of 2013…we will post a discussion topic in the New Teacher Google Community and FB group weekly/monthly to talk, exchange experiences, & provide resources.
- You are more than welcome to have more than one mentor!
Thanks for reaching out to seek support for your practice.When you connect with a mentor, leave me a comment and let me know how it’s going!
Photo credit: jeff-bauche