Earth Day is right around the corner. In celebration, Georgia-Pacific is excited to collaborate with educators in the USA in their first lesson plan contest! This is an opportunity to share Earth Day with your students and showcase your great lesson plan.
Help us spread the word!
Here are the details!
How to Enter: Contest is in progress (as of April 1, 2013) and will end (extended) April 21, 2013, at 11:59 PM Eastern Time.
- Entrants are invited to submit a lesson plan for talking to students about conservation onEarth Day.
- Each lesson plan must be submitted using the Google Doc lesson plan here: http://goo.gl/LQsy5.
- Each lesson plan must include a Pinnable image that can be posted on Pinterest with the hashtag #GPEarthDay.
- Email your lesson plan directly to email@example.com.
- Lesson plans can also be submitted via the comments section below with a link to the Google lesson plan doc.
- All lesson plans will be pinned by April 22, 2013, by me on the GP Pinterest page.
- Only one (1) lesson plan entry per person accepted.
- Last day to submit is April 21 at 11:59 PM Eastern Time.
Judging Phase: Education Experts will evaluate all eligible entries based on a 4 point rubric looking for Goals for the Lesson, Content for the Lesson and Creativity of the Lesson.
Prizes: There will be three (3) prize winners!
o One (1) grand prize winner will receive: a tablet, a $500 Staples gift card, and Georgia-Pacific products.
o Two (2) runner-up winners will each receive a $250 Staples gift card, and Georgia-Pacific products.
Winners: All winners will be notified by me via email on or near April 30, 2013.
Start planning that awesome lesson plan NOW, and enter to win a great prize in the process!
No Purchase Necessary. Void where prohibited. Contest begins on April 1, 2013, at 6:00 P.M. ET and ends on April 22, 2013, at 11:59 P.M ET. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia, 21 years or older. To participate, one must submit a pin of their Earth Day lesson plans via Lisa Dabbs in the comments section of her blog post posted on April 1, 2013, with the hashtag #GPEarthDay. Alternate form of entry will be available by emailing lesson plans to Lisa. For complete rules, click here [LINK]. Odds of winning are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received. Three (3) winners will be chosen by an expert education panel, based on a rubric of set criteria. The prize is will be one grand prize granted to the winner with the highest score of a tablet, Staples gift card and a Georgia-Pacific product pack. The two runner-up winners will receive a gift card and a Georgia-Pacific classroom kit.
Disclosure: I am receiving compensation as a consultant from Georgia-Pacific for this post and contest.
Georgia-Pacific has developed Educational in Nature® – an environmental education program developed more than ten years ago. The program provides activities and lesson plans for 4th & 5thgrade students and teachers. Resources are free here.
Photo credit: via greekadman